- Wednesday, December 11th – 8:30am-9:30am
- Saturday, December 14th – 10:30am-12pm
Starting January 8th, 2020 – April 15th, 2020 (excluding March 25th for Spring Break)
EVERY Wednesday from 8:30am-9:30am)
Wednesday – January 8th – 8:30am – 9:30am
SATURDAY – January 11th – 10:30am – 12pm
Wednesday – January 15th – 8:30am-9:30am
Wednesday – January 22nd – 8:30am-9:30am
Wednesday – January 29th – 8:30am – 9:30am
Wednesday – February 5th – 8:30am – 9:30am
SATURDAY – February 8th – 10:30am – 12pm
Wednesday – February 12th – 8:30am – 9:30am
Wednesday – February 19th – 8:30am – 9:30am
Wednesday – February 26th – 8:30am – 9:30am
Wednesday – March 4th – 8:30am-9:30am
SATURDAY – March 7th – 10:30am-12pm
Wednesday – March 11th – 8:30am-9:30am
Wednesday – March 18th – 8:30am – 9:30am
- Spring Break – March 23rd-27th – No drop off’s this week
Wednesday, April 1st – 8:30am-9:30am
SATURDAY April 11th – 10:30am-12pm
Wednesday, April 8th – 8:30am-9:30am
Wednesday, April 15th – 8:30am-9:30am
THE HUGE GARAGE SALE -Saturday April 25th (8am-4pm) & Sunday April 26th (9am-1pm)
Did you know that if you shop at smile.amazon.com that you can earn money for Athey Creek Middle School PTSA? Just look up Athey Creek Ms PTSA and every time you shop on Amazon simply go to smile.amazon.com. Everything is the same on this website as the regular site, except that you earn money for Athey Creek Middle School.
Athey Idol is this week! Thursday night starts at 6pm, open dress rehearsal, $5 at the door. Friday night is the big show, starts at 7pm. Avoid lines and buy tickets online at eticketexpress.com.
The kids are working so hard to put on an incredible show to help their music program. There will also be a very special performance by Athey’s own teacher’s choir!! You do not want to miss this!!
Screenagers – Growing Up in the Digital Age
Hosted By: Athey Creek PTSA & Rosemont Ridge PTO
When: Monday, November 4th, 2019 – (6:30-8:30pm)
Where: Athey Creek Middle School Commons
What is Screenagers?
A new documentary film called “Screenagers,” aimed at understanding the impact of our children’s increased connection to digital screens.. While there is no turning back on the digital age, the filmmakers hope the project can serve as a jumping off point for a much-needed conversation.
“Screenagers” is a personal look at how families are coping with kids and screen time and how being connected to devices is affecting relationships and even child development. The film was directed by Delaney Ruston, a Seattle filmmaker and physician who uses her own experience with her children as the central storyline.
Hello Athey parents & teachers,
Come and join us for our first PTSA meeting:
Date: Friday, Sept. 13th
Location: Staff Lounge just behind the Secretaries desks in the front office
6th graders only on Monday, Augt. 26th
7th & 8th Graders start on Tuesday, Aug. 27th
We know it can be stressful going to a new school, learning where your classes are and figuring out how to open your lockers, this is why Athey Creek Middle School has created the “Sneak Peek”.
We know parents have just as many questions such as where to drop off and pick up students, how to get signed up for the Athey Notes newsletter, how to connect with other parents on Facebook, Instagram, Athey Creek’s PTSA, and much more.
We would like your first experience at Athey Creek to feel welcoming and stress free, that is why The Sneak Peek is designed to ease any anxiety or concerns you might have before starting school.
Please consider us as your extended family and come and join us any time from 12pm – 6pm.
We are having our last PTSA meeting on Wed. June 5th at 9am in the Staff Lounge.
We will be voting on our summer budget, and new PTSA board.
Everyone is welcome!
We are also celebrating Volunteer Appreciation at the same place and time.
Come and drop in for some coffee and doughnuts…
Athey Creek PTSA
Monday, May 13th, 2019
The PTSA voted to fund $24,490.90 in teacher grants! The money we raised from the Garage Sale, grants that were not spent last year and other budgeted funds that were not spent allowed us to fund these grants:
Each teacher had to apply for the grant and the PTSA voted on them. Here is what the PTSA voted for:
*ORCA/OBOB Books, Avid Reader FT, Grandparents Day & Parents & Pastries
* Band Instrument Cleaning & Repairs for 21 Instruments
* Rock Tumbler for learning concepts of weathering and erosion
*Timing Service for Home Track Meets
* Athletic Equipment repairs
* Class Set of High Quality Lab Grade Hot Plate Stirrers
* 60 Graphing Calculators & storage cases for 8th Grade Students
* Golf Unit for Wellness Students
* Track Equipment: Parachutes, running ladders / mini-hurdles
* 16 Chrome Books
* Leadership Enrichment Program
* Independent Reading / Writing Folders
* School Supplies
* Homework Club Snacks
* Career Day Presenter Lunch
These teacher grants not only help our teachers but ultimately benefit our kids!
Our biggest garage sale needs:
(If you are taking an 8:00am shift we need you there by 7:30am to brief you on your job duties)
8:00am-10:00am 1 more cashier
8:00am-10:00am 2-3 more people in commons/gym
10:00am-12:00pm 5-6 people commons/gym
12:00pm-2:00pm 2 greeters
12:00pm-2:00pm 3-4 people commons/gym
2:00pm-4:00pm 4-5 people commons/gym
Here is the official link to sign up!!!
Remember Kindergarten? How it felt like you stepped on a moving a walkway, they started growing up so
fast? Middle school is faster. You’re only in for three years and in that time the growth spurts alone are
amazing (be prepared to be looking up to make eye contact by 8th grade). They will hit the ground running to cover incredible amounts of curriculum, have new opportunities for enrichment, sports and gain confidence and independence. To help you begin your navigation of Athey Creek, we put together some informational helpful tidbits:
- Being connected is KEY to know what’s happening at Athey Creek. First sign in to the West Linn / Wilsonville List Serve https://listserv.wlwv.k12.or.us/self-service/ Make sure you subscribe to
ACMS-Homes. Communication from the school arrives in your inbox every Monday entitled – Athey Notes, it’s usually long but full of useful information.
- You can also follow the Athey Creek Middle School PTSA on Facebook, check out our webpage at
http://www.atheycreekptsa.com to read minutes and learn more. If you are not on Facebook you can find us on Instagram – athey_creek_ptsa
- To help students gain that needed independence, parents aren’t in the classroom any more. There are still lots of opportunities to help out from 15 min to a few hours, be sure to fill out the volunteer interest form that will come home the first day of school.
- PTSA – sign up, we’re a pretty friendly group, you won’t be forced to volunteer if you show up to a meeting, you’ll get to hear the principal update us on the school events and if you find an event you’d like to help in, you just might meet like-minded new friends!
- TASA – Teacher and Staff Appreciation, a luncheon put on by the PTSA and volunteers each month.
- Turkey Trot – Athey Creek’s fundraiser, students ask for donations and then run an obstacle course in themed costumes. Tons of fun and raises $10- $17K for student services.
- Garage Sale – PTSA’s Biggest fundraiser – Drop off donations starting in December for our sale in April, we raise $14- $20K, which go toward TEACHER GRANTS. This benefits all our kids at Athey.
Our Garage Sale is Saturday April 27th 8-4pm & Sunday April 28th 9am-1pm 2019
- Turning Point – 6th grade only event in September to help meet and bond with friends. Sign up your child & up to volunteer. Great way for you to meet parents of kids from other schools, start a network. A great social/bonding event for kids & parents. See packet mailed this summer for more info.
- Dances – we have a Back to School Dance and Winter Dance and a Spring Dance, tickets are generally $5 all money raised goes to pay for 8th grade Graduation party.
- Outdoor School – an amazing science program, 4 days, 3 nights, there is a parent meeting beforehand to give you more information. Kids LOVE it and learn quite a lot.
- Enrichment – typically in the mornings before school, chess, guest lecturers etc. For afterschool sports that are ran by Athey, there will be an activity bus.
- There is a lot of information on the Athey webpage https://www.wlwv.k12.or.us/Domain/8 especially on the calendar use it to mark your home calendars. If you get a chance, try to attend drama productions, robotics competitions, etc.
- School Store is open a few times a week (this year it was Mon, Wed, and Fri) selling snacks and school supplies. Volunteer and you get to see your kiddo at lunch and meet their new friends.
- Grades are available online, be sure to check into your child’s account. Most homework assignments and project guidelines are posted. Doesn’t hurt to check on binder organization once a month.
- Parent Teacher Conferences and Back to School Night – the three times you get to meet your child’s teachers and ask questions – GO, be organized, have questions ready.
Athey Creek PTSA Board Positions
President – Tracy Gilday
Vice President – OPEN
Secretary – Tiffany Santoso
Treasurer – Shana Mesinovic
Membership Coordinator – Lisa Newbore
Volunteer Coordinator – OPEN
Student Store – Kim Jordan & Anne Emerson
TASA (Teacher & Staff Appreciation) – Rachel Stevenson & Heather Anderson
Parent Education – Elaine Morelock
Directory – OPEN
Turning Point – Girls – Amy Olson & Julie Henry
Turning Point – Boys – Tara Smith & Cindy Anderson
Dances – 1. Dee Putnam – 2. OPEN
Spirit Wear – OPEN
8th Grade Celebration – Rachel Stevenson & Laura Greyerbiehl
Decorate Display in front entrance of school – Dee Putnam
Website Coordinator – Sydney Cadwell
Garage Sale – Jennifer Teague
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Tracy Gilday –email@example.com
We are having our next PTSA meeting on Wednesday, April 10th at 9:30am in the office conference room.
We are discussing PTSA grants, and would love it if you can join us.
As you may have heard, Athey’s Be Kind Campaign and fundraiser with the Unity Club was a complete success!
There were so many kids writing Kindness notes to each other and purchasing Kindness Bars for their friends, teachers, siblings etc. as a way of showing acts of kindness.
Our Kindness Bars were so successful that we SOLD OUT 1,008 Hershey’s Kindness Bars.
That’s a lot of Kindness!
The PTSA, Unity Club and Athey Creek Middle School set a GOAL to include 100% of the students in our Be Kind Campaign.
To reach our goal of 100% of inclusiveness we wanted to include parents in this Be Kind campaign.
We have setup an option for parents to sponsor an Advisory Class with the end goal of having ALL 28 of the advisory classes sponsored.
This would ensure that ALL Athey Creek Kids and teachers would receive a Kindness Bar.
We need 11 more parents to sponsor an Advisory Class to reach our goal.
Would you be willing to help us out?
Please download this form and turn into the front desk at Athey.
We are extending our deadline until we reach 100% of our students and teachers.
Welcome back parents, staff & kids…. Our next PTSA meeting is Wed. Jan 9th at 9:30am in the teachers lounge.
All are welcome to come!
Our next Garage Sale Drop off is Thursday January 10th from 8:30-9:30am.
If you are able to help sort please sign up here – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f4ca5ac29aaf58-december
Hope to see you there!